Thursday, November 24, 2016

I might be leaving tonight but want to make sure you're okay first

i stared into your eyes in the dimly lit shadow of my bedroom and saw you for the first time since we've met. our foreheads pressed together and our breaths shaking in the space between us, our hearts thudding unsteadily to the intricate rhythms of nervousness. in those bright oceans i saw a thousand lifetimes with you, countless journeys to be had.

you were dreaming when i woke, whimpers escaping your unconscious throat like a frightened song, your arms reaching for me, pulling me closer, even in the nothingness of you. i thought to myself, this is how i want every morning to begin -- everyday, with you. 

"hello," you said, and then you kissed me. everything fell into place, in the early morning light of ours. spells are broken every second, but this i'd like to keep, only if you'll let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment